Catholic Textbook Project’s president, Michael Van Hecke, M.Ed., today announced the official launch of the company’s annual History Essay Contest for Catholic students in Grades 5 through 12. Submission deadline is Friday, November 17, 2017. Winners will be announced during Catholic Schools Week in early 2018. Interested teachers may obtain contest rules and classroom posters at here: www.CatholicTextbookProject.com/essay-contest
WIN CASH PRIZES … AND TEACH HISTORY TOO — Catholic school students in grades 5 – 12 are invited to enter our annual essay contest. The contest is open to all students in Catholic schools – parochial, private and homeschool…. Here are the rules and details… (more…)
We are so proud of all who participated in Catholic Textbook Project’s Fall 2016 History Essay Contest! This year’s winning essays are now posted.
Please click on the names below to read an essay.
Winners of the Fall 2016 Catholic Textbook Project History Essay Contest:
- Grade 5 Catholic School Division: Harry Penne – St. Jude Catholic School in Peoria, IL
- Grade 6 Catholic School Division: Louis Belleville – Holy Family Academy in Manassas, VA
- Grade 7/8 Catholic School Division: Winston Fairchild – Rhodora J. Donahue Academy of Ave Maria, Ave Maria, FL
- Catholic High School Division: Megan Friend – Bethlehem Catholic High School in Bethlehem, PA
- Grade 5 Catholic Homeschool Division: Catherine Seguin – Sooke, British Columbia, Canada
- Grade 6 Catholic Homeschool Division: Francis Woltering – Marshall, VA
- Grade 7/8 Catholic Homeschool Division: Liam Martin – Orrville, OH
- High School Homeschool Division: Hannah Elkins – Hillsborough, NC
We’re so proud of all the teachers and students who participated in Catholic Textbook Project’s Second Annual History Essay Contest. Below please find links to each of the Winning (more…)
Thank you to all the students who participated in this year’s contest. The judges always learn something new from the essays and enjoy the youthful enthusiasm poured into them. Here are the winners:
Winners of the Second Annual Catholic Textbook Project History Essay Contest, and their Awards: (more…)