One of the guiding philosophies of the Catholic Textbook Project has been “less is more.” Unlike other publishers, we do not burden teachers with supplement upon supplement and goody bags filled with distracting resources – mainly because we don’t need to. Our well-written books do most of the work, by drawing students into the exciting story of history. Our teacher’s manuals and workbooks only help complete the work the textbooks have begun.
- a complete timeline of the events covered in the book
- a scope and sequence for each chapter
- a discussion of the goals for each chapter
- a listing of the basic facts students should take from each chapter, with a brief review of each fact
- a listing of the key terms presented in each chapter with their definitions
- answer keys for end-of-chapter review questions as well as for quizzes and tests
- suggestions for carrying out end-of-chapter activities
- a list of resources for further reading
One educator summed up the quality of our teacher’s manuals: “I have always been impressed with your books, but I am overwhelmed by the Teacher’s Manuals. They are the best I have ever seen!”
We also have workbooks for each of our textbooks which provide a variety of exercises and activities to enhance the learning experience and solidify subject retention. These excellent resources were designed by writer and veteran educator, Ana Braga-Henebry. The workbooks are offered in CD format to help schools and families save on cost (no yearly purchase of new workbooks) and to allow teachers to pick the exercises most useful for their class. Now we’ve also added downloadable eBook editions in either PDF or ePub versions.
In addition to our efforts, the homeschooling curricula provider, Catholic Heritage Curricula, has written daily lesson plans for two of CTP’s history textbooks: Sea to Shining Sea and All Ye Lands.
|Sea to Shining Sea Lesson Plans|
|All Ye Lands Lesson Plans|
The 36-week lesson plans provides a daily schedule for each textbook and its accompanying teacher’s manual with coordinating reading assignments, review, optional enrichment, and abundant hands-on activities. To find out more or purchase, visit the CHC website.